Looking for our standard terms & conditions? Click here
If you've been contacted by us, or think we hold information about you, and wish us to:
- Provide the information we hold about you
- Update information we hold about you
- Delete some or all of the information we hold about you
- No longer contact you via one or all of our marketing channels
Op-tec Systems deals primarily in business-to-business transactions. We acquire and hold personal information about individuals in the organisations we do, or would like to do, business with. We use this information to stay in touch with people, from time to time updating them on services we offer. We do this in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: email, phone calls, SMS and social media.
If we hold information about you it will be some or all of the following, never more:
- Last known employer and work location
- Last known job title
- Last known work email address
- Last known work phone number(s)
- Preferred contact method (if you have indicated you do not wish to receive a particular type of communication from us)
We do not retain any of the following information:
- Personal phone numbers
- Personal email addresses
- Personal postal addresses
- Dates of birth
- Any personal bank account, credit card or other payment details
- Any information about relatives, friends or acquaintances
We do not use automated means to make decisions about, or otherwise process individuals’ personal information.
All information we may hold about you will be stored in our managed, cloud-based business management system. If you are the named contact for your company, e.g. for financial reporting or invoicing, your name and work email address will also be stored in our (managed, cloud-based) accounting system.
Automated emails are sent using ActiveCampaign so any information you provide via online forms will be transferred to their systems for processing. Learn about ActiveCampaign's privacy practices here.
Where practical we do not use third party services which capture, track or otherwise gain personal information from visitors to our website and users of our services.
These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
© Op-tec Systems Ltd.
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
Licence to use website
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website;
- stream audio and video files from our website; and
- use any website services we make available by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
Except as expressly permitted in this Section or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
Notwithstanding the above, you may redistribute any newsletters or other marketing correspondence we may wish to send you via email in print and electronic form to any person.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our website, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know.
You can let us know about any such material or activity by email to: email@example.com
We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section Limitations and exclusions of liability, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of your use of our website or any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
You can change the settings in your browser to erase or prevent automatic acceptance of cookies if you prefer. Further information regarding cookies, their use and how to control their use on your device can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
We minimise our use of services which place cookies on your computer but some are necessary to providing a fully featured website:
We distribute emails using ActiveCamaign and the website features sign up forms. Learn about ActiveCampaign's privacy practices here.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and subject to Section Limitations and exclusions of liability we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The Op-tec Systems logo and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
The exercise of the parties' rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
Subject to Section Limitations and exclusions of liability, these terms and conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
This website is owned and operated by Op-tec Systems Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 03251387, and our registered office is at Stockport Business & Innovation Centre, Broadstone Mill, Broadstone Road, Stockport, SK5 7DL.
Our principal place of business is at Stockport Business & Innovation Centre, Broadstone Mill, Broadstone Road, Stockport, SK5 7DL.
Our VAT number is GB 681932119.
You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- by telephone, on the contact numbers published on our website from time to time; or
- by email, using the address: firstname.lastname@example.org